Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Waiting

Jake Di Vita

I hate the wait. Every time I think about it I get excited. It should come in around the middle of March. Dawson is building it for me on a frame I won at the Tx. State Lim. Championship. I'll have to put the foo foo gun up for a while.

• 6 months later...

This past weekend I shot the MI USPSA and IDPA State Matches. We got the USPSA match results 2 days ago, those were relatively fast, however the IDPA match results are being done really half-assed. The MD is only inputting them 1 stage a day. I understand that people are busy, but how long does it really take. I'm sure he could get volunteers to help him as well. In my opinion, at a major match, the results should be up an hour after the last shooter runs through a stage.

Just my $.02.

Ideally I'd like to see a good stats team at the match.  A good stats team would already have all the shooters entered in the computer in their division and classification before the first shot was fired.  I don't know what the match director's situation is, but if he now has to do this around work and family commitments, maybe one stage per day is reasonable.  I agree that it sucks, not to know how you did, and I'm really appreciative of matches that can get scores up on the web each night, but if it comes down to shooting a match that will send me scores two months later (a la GSSF a few years ago) or not shooting a match I'd rather shoot.  

In other words, feel free to hate that you haven't seen the results, but try to have some empathy for the (most likely overworked for a while now) match director.  Just my two cents ---- and probably worth less than that...