Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

?'s about CR Speed size...

DoubleL

Here is another belt size question. I am pretty sure how to order the belt etc.. but if say I am fat (I am.) and working on loosing weight.. how much flexibility do these belts give you? If I go from a 42 to a 38 will I need to order a new belt or will it still work okay? I want to order one now anyway, and again later is fine as well.. I just do not want to need to do it every single step on the way.

If you lose weight you can just cut the outer belt to fit. Burn the ends to eliminate raveling, and you're good to go. There's really no reason to cut the inner belt, because it can just overlap more, but it can be cut, too.

BB

If you lose weight you can just cut the outer belt to fit. Burn the ends to eliminate raveling, and you're good to go. There's really no reason to cut the inner belt, because it can just overlap more, but it can be cut, too.

BB

Sweet thanks for the info! Now I just need to remember to think about this when I am at home to measure.

BB

Sweet thanks for the info! Now I just need to remember to think about this when I am at home to measure.

I emailed shooters connection and this was the response I got, cut/burn the ends to fit. I ordered a 54 inch belt, and I'm down to a 50 inch belt now and haven't had any issues. I did take the belt to a shop to get re-sewed as a few spots were it looked like the stitching was coming off.

Thanks all for the info on the belt. Mine showed up and I am very happy with the size. Now that I have played with it a bit, the overlap is quite easy to "move around" to a comfortable spot. The 4" larger than my waist advice given above was spot on for me. Measure with a tape!! Not pants! If I would have ordered the 38 or 40.... It would probably be in the mail back to SC right now.

Also, advice in other threads seems like it would work too, I read that the overlap is built in to your real waist measurement. If I was trying to fit 7 mag pouches on, the 42 or 44 looks like it would work better. Since I measured just under 43, and 44 was backordered I went for the 46.

Tried it out with my bladetech and it was rock solid. Now I'm just lacking pouches. But a tip given above has me pointed in the right direction.

Thanks again Justaute. :cheers: