Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

?'s about CR Speed size...

DoubleL

Straightforward question here. I have never held or even seen the CRS belt and I am about to order my first one. 44" is backordered at SC and I am seriously considering the 46"er. Will the added length be a major PITA?

Thanks for helping a Newb... :cheers:

That shouldn't be bad at all. Unless you have a ton of belt attached items going around to the rear, you won't even notice it. I normally wear a 36-38 waist pants and I wear the 42. Gives me good overlap and no problems whatsoever...

Thanks for the replies guys. When you guys are comparing to waist size are you using the tape measure? My waist was.... Not the pant size lol. Pants say 38. The no lie measuring apparatus says 42. I wrapped tape to 46" to see where the overlap would be and it's not far from center. Can the belt be flipped to overlap in either direction? Seems like the overlap going towards the holster side would be more desirable. Then again my noobness could be showing.

Thanks.

Yes you can flip it over either way so the overlap is where you want it. I'm right handed, and I have the overlap, and the belt keeper, just above my right rear pocket. This gives plenty of room going around the left side for mag pouches when shooting production. You can see what I mean here on my vids.

http://www.youtube.com/user/L3001USPSA?feature=guide

Cool video. Good shooting too.

I figure I'll just have to play with the belt a little and I'll come up with the best spot to overlap. Next is mag pouches.... Still up in the air on which I want. Kinda leaning towards 4 Versa pouches.

Thanks all for the help with the belt. Cleared up a few of my questions about the versatility ofthe whole thing.

I think the CR Speed Versa pouches are the best ones out there. Also really nice that they include shims so you can go from STI to Glock to CZ/Beretta. There are also shims available (aftermarket only?) for single stack mags.

The AA plastic pouches take up more room on the belt and the AA aluminum ones are way too spendy for me.

Hello: 2" over your pant size works well for limited 2 mag holders or single stack with 6 mag holders. Sometimes if the belt is too long it gets a little tight with 6 mag holders. The overlap goes more to the side than at the back where I like it. You should be fine and it will work well in cold winter days with thick shirts tucked in :cheers: Thanks, Eric

I'm thinking that the 4" overlap would be better now. I've measured a few times, if I need to change it I would have to be quick, SC ships fast. Sort of got a plan to get the overlap somewhere close to my right hip pocket. Thanks for the feedback on the pouches too. I found some options that I'm a little stuck between, maybe someone can help sway my mind..

Found the DAA RACER,they look pretty sweet, narrow. And price is a bit less than the spendy aluminum ones. These are my fav based on looks alone...

Or Versa Double seems to be a good option for a double. For about the same cash I could go for two doubles and come out ahead one spot verse three singles. I'm a little worried about the doubles being bulky or running into placement issues.

Third is the standard single Versa. Which I have read quuite a few people like.

So far I am still one ahead of the Noob Trifecta..... Belt, Pouches, Holster. :rolleyes: Think I did good with the BladeTec.

May want to look into Ghost 360 pouches. I have no personal experience with them, but have heard good things about them.

http://shootersconnectionstore.com/Ghost-360-Pouch-P2282.aspx

I'm thinking that the 4" overlap would be better now. I've measured a few times, if I need to change it I would have to be quick, SC ships fast. Sort of got a plan to get the overlap somewhere close to my right hip pocket. Thanks for the feedback on the pouches too. I found some options that I'm a little stuck between, maybe someone can help sway my mind..

Found the DAA RACER,they look pretty sweet, narrow. And price is a bit less than the spendy aluminum ones. These are my fav based on looks alone...

Or Versa Double seems to be a good option for a double. For about the same cash I could go for two doubles and come out ahead one spot verse three singles. I'm a little worried about the doubles being bulky or running into placement issues.

Third is the standard single Versa. Which I have read quuite a few people like.

So far I am still one ahead of the Noob Trifecta..... Belt, Pouches, Holster. :rolleyes: Think I did good with the BladeTec.

Sure thing. Well, FWIW, Ben Stoeger of the National Champ fame likes them a lot. Another master shooter just sold his DAA RM aluminum pouches and got these. If I didn't already have my DAA RM pouches, I would probably get the 360.

Thanks Justaute, how in the world did I miss those???? For 24$ they look like a steal. Anyone have a review of these? "Search is my Friend"..... :cheers:

So I take it you like them :surprise: trading 80$ a piece ultra cool billet pouches for the simple plastic is quite a recommendation, no matter who is doing the trading. I do appreciate the info Justaute. Very much. :cheers:

The price of the Amadini pouches is.... Perfect.

How does my whole setup seem....

BT DOH

Black CR Speed belt

4 Ghost pouches

SP01 Shadow

Oh and lots and lots of BULLETS.

Thanks again Justaute, I would have certainly found those pouches on my own...... after paying more for others of course.

Too long is fine, and you may want to play with inner belt on regularly and outer on backward, etc. The only issue I have with a too long belt is my CR Speed inner sometimes interferes with my belt loops where it is doubled up on some pants but no real biggy. It can get thick in the front where there is four layers of belt.

I had similar thoughts just using a tape measure about the wrapping direction. I figure that I will just have to experiment a bit once it shows up. I was thinking to wrap the outer so it ends up out of the way somewhere, like behind the holster. Might get a little goofy putting it on though....

Thanks for all the tips! :cheers:

Here is another belt size question. I am pretty sure how to order the belt etc.. but if say I am fat (I am.) and working on loosing weight.. how much flexibility do these belts give you? If I go from a 42 to a 38 will I need to order a new belt or will it still work okay? I want to order one now anyway, and again later is fine as well.. I just do not want to need to do it every single step on the way.