What is the power factor?

Current ICORE Power Factor is 120

pf=Bullet Weight (in Grains)* Feet per Second /1000

for example

200 gr bullet must travel 600 fps to make 120

I like to shoot for a PF of 125 so my 200 gr bullet travels 625fps

David

Edited by ffl

Twister, The power factor for ICORE is 120,000. We don't divide by 1000. It is just Bullet weight times Bullet Velocity. They will pull enough rounds to weigh one and fire six. ONe round of the six must make it.

Rule 5.2. Ammunition must produce a minimum power factor of 120000. The power factor equals bullet weight in grains multiplied by velocity in feet per second. All competitors may be tested for minimum power factor at any ICORE match. Six rounds will be collected from each competitor at random during the match and at least one of those six must equal or exceed a 120000 power factor when shot over a chronograph through the competitor's firearm. A seventh round may be collected and weighed, to accurately determine bullet weight. "FAILING TO MAKE CHRONO" will result in 360 seconds being added to a competitor's score. A competitor, using a revolver chambered in .38 Special and/or .357 Magnum and using factory new UMC 158 grain, Remington 158 grain, Blazer 158 grain, or Federal American Eagle 158 grain ammo, may compete without regard to power factor.

Now if you cut it real close you may have a problem knocking down the Steel poppers. As with USPSA Steel targets designed to fall must fall to score. If it fails to fall after a calibration test it is scored as a miss.

Rules are found here ICORE Rules have fun at the match. later rdd

ETA: Dang I must be slow if FFL beat me to it. :devil:

Edited by Bubber

Far and Near Standards has 6 shots at 50 yds.

However, there may be some in a stage at a match you don't know until you are there