Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No advantage to open? I would think that this would of turned out different if that was fully true:

2012_smm3g_Results_Top_15.pdf ;)

JMHO,

Chuck

Only 5 stage wins for open guys, 2 were all shotgun (6, 10) a shocker there, Stage 4 was 10 pistol, 19 shotgun and Stage 11 was 6 pistol and 16 shotgun. The difference is the shotgun. If the rules allowed Tac to have more than 9 at the start the outcome might have been different.

Hard to draw any conclusions, since a couple of top shooters in either division will sway the results if youre only looking at stage wins. Last year it was 7/10 stage wins for Open.

Having just switched to Open I feel that I gain a little bit with the pistol, a bunch with the shotgun and basically nothing with the rifle, so its not really surprising that there's not more difference in a match that's as rifle heavy as SMM3G.

On the other side of things, looking at Iron man results from last year, the TO winner only had 79% of the Open winner.

I never would have shot open if not for the Saiga coming out. An R&R Saiga makes shooting a shotgun more like shooting a rifle and more fun. Meaning less stress placed on reloading. I agree with Gose the pistol is an advantage because of bigger mags and for longer shots, the shotgun is a huge advantage and the rifle is almost equal except in places where a bi pod comes in handy or a side sight which is not all that many stages but a few.

Pat