Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Berry's 124gr FN questions

NicVerAZ

I recommend you wait till you get the bullets then set the OAL for your barrel by doing some testing. :)

Well maybe compare side by side with an RN I know works well and make it fit the same profile.

Is it common to build dummy rounds (no powder no primer) at different OAL and see what feeds well following a live round?

Don't worry about feeding, seat the bullet so it is .010" to .020" off the rifling or 'forcing cone' of the barrel. Do a search as there have been quite a few posts on this procedure.

If there is a feeding issue once you have the correct OAL that is a different story. But I'm guessing the BB 124's will feed fine.

CZ's have a very short lead from the chamber to the rifling. All the Berry's RN bullets, no matter the weight or configuration can be loaded to 1.165" in a CZ 9mm.

Sell it's to feed my gp6, which CZ inspired, I guess I will follow this spec for a small batch and report :)

Remember I said the RN (round nose), the only flat point Berry's I have reloaded have been the 124gr FPHB and those I loaded to 1.065" after doing the "push test". Most CZ clones chamber to barrels dims are not like a CZ at all, so I would recommend you do the test first with the FP's.

Edited by Cheesewhiz