Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lightest hammer spring in da/sa tanfo

e-mishka

With fp block in place and factory firing pin what's the lightest hammer sping you guys use with reloaded ammo?

I was able to put 13# spring in my stock 2 with polished fpb and polished, lightened and extended factory FP( added a bit to the back), shortened fp spring, and a nice trigger/hammer/sear job.

Seems to go bang every time with winchester primers in da or sa mode.

Edited by e-mishka

Hope it works for you...I took a firing pin spring out of tanfoglio recently. Cutting the coil would be ok for maybe 2 or 3..but just don't go overboard. You could find yourself with a firing pin stuck in the breach hole.

Hope it works for you...I took a firing pin spring out of tanfoglio recently. Cutting the coil would be ok for maybe 2 or 3..but just don't go overboard. You could find yourself with a firing pin stuck in the breach hole.

Mo is right I have taken to many off before and had the pin stick in the breach face (its amazing how far in it go's) that's why I stop at 1.5 to 2 coils now, I only do it because I'm to cheep to buy US name brand primers all the time and it makes just enough difference to let me run the Tula's I bought in bulk.

Mike