Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whats legal for 1911

Riki

I have small hands and was having problems with a good puchase. I replaced trigger for shorter one undercut underneath trigger guard. Slim grips I had to put a Gunsite thumb safety. I also had the backstrap built up. The last thing I did was extended slide release. Had stippling done to front of grip. Can I use this for IDPA?

I have small hands and was having problems with a good puchase. I replaced trigger for shorter one undercut underneath trigger guard. Slim grips I had to put a Gunsite thumb safety. I also had the backstrap built up. The last thing I did was extended slide release. Had stippling done to front of grip. Can I use this for IDPA?

Pictures would help. Would you be shooting ESP or CDP? every thing sounds good for the most part. my concern is, what do you mean by "built up the back strap"? and what is the guns weight with an empty mag? 43 oz is the limit for ESP and 42 oz is the limit for CDP. Hope this helps.

http://idpa.com/Documents/IDPARuleBook2005.pdf - pgs 21-24 gives you the list of "approved" modifications.

Would be shooting CDP. The lower part of the back strap safety the hump lol . My problem when shooting my hand was coming off the back strap and would not fire. We built it up with some welding to .. The gun fits me really well now. Hope this makes sense.

My other question the 1911 had ambi but only could get single thumb safety.

Thanks

Edited by Riki

Would be shooting CDP. The lower part of the back strap safety the hump lol . My problem when shooting my hand was coming off the back strap and would not fire. We built it up with some welding to .. The gun fits me really well now. Hope this makes sense.

My other question the 1911 had ambi but only could get single thumb safety.

Thanks

so you built up the beavertail/grip safety for better engagement in your hand? or did you change the mainspring housing from flat to arched?

you can swap from single to ambi safety, just be careful of the weight as you make modifications

Yea built up the saftey for a better puchase. I don't raise my hand off the safety. Keep

my contact throughout the shot and maintaing a good grip without my hand not lifting off the safety.

• 9 months later...

Pictures would help. Would you be shooting ESP or CDP? every thing sounds good for the most part. my concern is, what do you mean by "built up the back strap"? and what is the guns weight with an empty mag? 43 oz is the limit for ESP and 42 oz is the limit for CDP. Hope this helps.

http://idpa.com/Docu...uleBook2005.pdf - pgs 21-24 gives you the list of "approved" modifications.

Doesn't the rule book say 41 oz. for CDP. I only point this out as I am looking for a way to shed an ounce. I put in a standard guide rod and spring to replace the full length an am still over.