Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Load ?

40cal_joe

I typically shoot NRA Conventional Pistol (Bullseye) and I thought we had the market cornered on different loads to use.

This USPSA/IPSC stuff is worse!

I recently decided to get into some of this run and gun action (Dr. Told me to get some exercise :goof: ) so I picked up a SA XDM 5.25 Comp in 9mm. I ran a couple boxes of Remington 115gr rn thru it and not a bad shooter really.

So anyway my point being (after reading multiple threads on load data) that I am clueless on where to start. OAL seems to be an issue with this gun?

Are the 147gr of 124gr the better choice? It would seem the 147's would shoot softer, correct? I have some VV N310 which is right up there on the burn charts and some Power Pistol which is way down on the charts! Also Clays, Unique and of course Bullseye.

I like the idea of a HP bullet as I feel they are more consistent in grouping is this also true with 9mm? I am also not opposed to picking up some VV N320 as that seems quite popular and it burns clean.

Could someone that has successfully found a good load for the XDM in 9mm provide some of their data for me to start with it would be much appreciated. I hate reinventing the wheel!

Best I could gather would be a Precision Delta 124g HP, 3.8 - 4.0gr VV N320 and a COL of 1.07" Close?

Thanks for your input!

I typically shoot NRA Conventional Pistol (Bullseye) and I thought we had the market cornered on different loads to use.

This USPSA/IPSC stuff is worse!

I recently decided to get into some of this run and gun action (Dr. Told me to get some exercise :goof: ) so I picked up a SA XDM 5.25 Comp in 9mm. I ran a couple boxes of Remington 115gr rn thru it and not a bad shooter really.

So anyway my point being (after reading multiple threads on load data) that I am clueless on where to start. OAL seems to be an issue with this gun?

Are the 147gr of 124gr the better choice? It would seem the 147's would shoot softer, correct? I have some VV N310 which is right up there on the burn charts and some Power Pistol which is way down on the charts! Also Clays, Unique and of course Bullseye.

I like the idea of a HP bullet as I feel they are more consistent in grouping is this also true with 9mm? I am also not opposed to picking up some VV N320 as that seems quite popular and it burns clean.

Could someone that has successfully found a good load for the XDM in 9mm provide some of their data for me to start with it would be much appreciated. I hate reinventing the wheel!

Best I could gather would be a Precision Delta 124g HP, 3.8 - 4.0gr VV N320 and a COL of 1.07" Close?

Thanks for your input!

That would be a great load to start with but make them 1.125" to 1.130". They should be right at 130 PF and accurate. My XD actually likes AA #2 (3.9grs) better and shoots Zero 125 JHP #161, 162, or # 136 (all are 125gr JHP's)better than the pd's but Pd's are a little cheaper. All are loaded to 1.125" and in sorted brass are Bullseye accurate out of my XD. :cheers:

Edited by reptoid

I have, but haven't loaded as many PD 124gr JHP. With MG's 124gr JHP, I've found they give more consistent accuracy when loaded shorter. My latest batch was loaded to 1.112" with 4.4gr Universal Clays, and they do 1120fps from a G17. Prior to going shorter, I was not at all happy with the MG 124gr JHPs, and was considering trying to resell them (to get rid of them).