Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Correction...First 3 Gun Match in Blakely, 25 March

Hello Everyone,

Due to the great feedback we received after the USPSA match we ran last Sunday, AIM will be hosting a 3 Gun Match on Sunday, 25 March. I will be directing the match and managing stage set-up. We will use Outlaw rules, so paper will require either 1 A-zone hit or 2 anywhere in order to be neutralized. I will push out match details and information early this week, but just wanted to let everyone know the match in on. If you shoot at every paper target twice, expect 100rds rifle, 90rds pistol, and 60rds birdshot. I plan to design 2 pistol stages, 1 pistol/rifle stage, 1 close/mid range rifle stage, 1 long range rifle stage (100-300yds), a jungle run shotgun stage, and 1 shotgun stage in the pistol bays. I'm playing with some PowerPoint stage design templates and will push out stage descriptions as I create them. Again, more info to follow this week. - Dustin R.

Edited by Rademacher

Jesse, I'm accessing the forum from my phone right now and can't figure out how to post the link, but it's marksmanshipacademy.com

They are adding a section to the site just for competition announcements and results, but I don't know if it's done yet. Either way, you'll be able to see some pics and vids of the facility.

Edited by Rademacher

Jesse, I'm accessing the forum from my phone right now and can't figure out how to post the link, but it's marksmanshipacademy.com

They are adding a section to the site just for competition announcements and results, but I don't know if it's done yet. Either way, you'll be able to see some pics and vids of the facility.

Got it thanks!

All,

Please join us at AIM this Sunday for our first 3 Gun match. Registration will be at 8:00, briefing at 8:45, shooting by 9:00. Because of the slightly earlier start, my goal is to have the match complete by 2:00. I will be designing all stages, and there be great variety for all guns. Longest rifle shots will be 200yds on "A/C" size steel, and 75yds on some 6" steel. We will offer 6 stages, and if you shoot each paper twice, expect a minimum 75rds pistol, 100rds rifle, 55rds birdshot. Stage designs will be out by Thursday, but here's a quick idea of what I'm looking at...

Stage 1- Jungle Run into cleared area 24rds birdshot, 24 rds rifle (rifle mix of close range paper and 75-200yd steel)

Stage 2- Pistol Bay Pistol 32rds

Stage 3- Pistol Bay Pistol/Rifle 28rds, 28rds

Stage 4- Corner Bay+ adjacent bay Pistol/Rifle 36rd rifle, 16rds pistol

Stage 5- Pistol Bay Shotgun 30rds birdshot

Stage 6- Pistol Bay Rifle 26rds

Again, stages will remain set up once the match is complete so it will be a great opportunity for some extra trigger time/training. Match fee for 3 Gun matches will be $25, not $20 as with our USPSA Pistol Matches. This due to the amount of clays, targets, paint, and supplies that we will go through. Any stages requiring multiple guns will not require slings (guns will be staged). Outlaw scoring/rules will be in affect with one adjustment. Failure to neutralize paper will result in a 2.5 sec penalty, not 5 sec, and un-hit paper will result in a 5 second penalty, not 10. Steel targets past 50yds that are left un-hit will still be a 10 second penalty. So, in short, with the exception of steel at distance, penalties will be half what they normally are. Some big matches will be going to this format and I like it. An unintentional miss or mistake will not necessarily ruin your match, but it still "hurts".

New shooters, bring what you have and there will be plenty of shooters that will loan shotguns and rifles if needed. The Pro Shop has some great deals on ammo if you don't have enough. Thanks again everyone, I hope to see you all out there!

-Dustin R.

If you are within driving distance this is going to be a great match. The facility is awesome and the stages I'm certain will be fun yet challenging. Come out and support the new match and get the season underway.

Ryan

I'm gonna miss you three next week at steel city

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Same here, Adam. I used my new pink AR 15 Mag holders yesterday - LOVE THEM. Thanks again.

post-9899-0-94718700-1332769489_thumb.jp

Edited by cheryl