Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TSG22 Range Test

The Tactical Solutions TSG22 conversion arrived, I had forgotten about it as I ordered it after the 2010 Nationals. Going to take some getting used to when cleaning it. The slide release seemed harder to pull down so I changed to a Glockmeister extended release. To remove the barrel requires the included allen wrench to remove the striker assembly. Also requires removal of the thread protector. Looks like original Glock sights with 1 bar on the rear. Shoots to POA so will probably keep the factory sights as some of the other Glocks are so equipped. The hardest thing to get used to are the magazines. I bought the 15 rounders and the ammo sort of stacks like a double column. The bottom 2 rounds always stack on top of each other as do the top 2, in between the rounds offset at the rim. They are no like a Ruger where you pull down the follower and drop in rounds, if the rounds drop at the front then they get caught at the case/bullet junction and stand upright. Or if dropped at the back they can stand upright and jam up everything. Once loaded with something round nose (Tactical Solutions recommendation) they fed ok as long as no pressure is exerted on the bottom of the mag. Tried using a Caldwell shooting rest and with any down pressure a round would stovepipe. Hollow points were a complete NO NO as everyone jammed into the end of the barrel. Ran about 200-300 Federal Automatch throgh it without any more jams after the original learning curve. May have to take the comp off the Ruger/TS barrel to see how it feels. It will not replace the Ruger 22/45 frame TS barrel as a stell gun but I will use it for GSSF practice.

This is something I could/would recommend to a friend.

• 2 months later...

The Tactical Solutions TSG22 conversion arrived, I had forgotten about it as I ordered it after the 2010 Nationals. Going to take some getting used to when cleaning it. The slide release seemed harder to pull down so I changed to a Glockmeister extended release. To remove the barrel requires the included allen wrench to remove the striker assembly. Also requires removal of the thread protector. Looks like original Glock sights with 1 bar on the rear. Shoots to POA so will probably keep the factory sights as some of the other Glocks are so equipped. The hardest thing to get used to are the magazines. I bought the 15 rounders and the ammo sort of stacks like a double column. The bottom 2 rounds always stack on top of each other as do the top 2, in between the rounds offset at the rim. They are no like a Ruger where you pull down the follower and drop in rounds, if the rounds drop at the front then they get caught at the case/bullet junction and stand upright. Or if dropped at the back they can stand upright and jam up everything. Once loaded with something round nose (Tactical Solutions recommendation) they fed ok as long as no pressure is exerted on the bottom of the mag. Tried using a Caldwell shooting rest and with any down pressure a round would stovepipe. Hollow points were a complete NO NO as everyone jammed into the end of the barrel. Ran about 200-300 Federal Automatch throgh it without any more jams after the original learning curve. May have to take the comp off the Ruger/TS barrel to see how it feels. It will not replace the Ruger 22/45 frame TS barrel as a stell gun but I will use it for GSSF practice.

This is something I could/would recommend to a friend.

Thanks for the range test/report. How has it ran since? I have thought of purchasing one to practice on a Glock frame in lieu of spending more $ than I already do on ammo. Thanks in advance, I appreciate the input!