Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buying a used CZ, and should I use it to replace my SP01?

IuniusBrutus

After a week or two of debating, I decided to stick with CZs for my competition gun. The only problem is that I only forsee myself shooting IDPA and multi-gun this season, and my SP-01 is effectively illegal for it. So this leaves me two options:

One: Keep my SP-01 and shoot it at club matches and hope that either there is a rule book revision, or I find a way to make weight, before the state match.

Or two: someone local has a 75B SA with 4 mags he'll trade for my SP01 as it left the factory. It'll force me to shoot ESP instead of SSP, but I doubt that'll matter much.

Which should I pick? And if I get the 75 SA, what should I look for when inspecting it? It is a 2004 with just minor cosmetic wear near the muzzle, but the round count is unknown which makes me nervous.

borrow it to shoot for a match and see if there are any problems. if he's a friend he'll let you do it. otherwise, i have no problems with high round count CZs. 10, 12, 14 thousand are all really just one season for some people.

Alright - I won't worry about that so much anymore.

Anymore insight on whether I should hold onto the SP-01 and hope for a rule change?