Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Golfing Question....

I don't play....hell, I don't even like it but I'm curious to know... what is the average drive distance from the tee? What would that distance be for a 16 y/o girl that some would consider an above average golfer? Records?

Edited by kend

When Alexis Thompson was 15, (she'll be 17 this year), her average drive off the tee was 255 yards. Is that exceptional? When Alexis turned 16 she was granted an exception to turn pro. At 16! She is without exception an incredible golfer. Like most pro golfers Alexis can lay into the ball and probably get close to 300 yards, but her accuracy goes down. Her average 255 yard shot was the equivalent of an upper alpha. Incredible. Michelle Wie is known as a LPGA big driver. She will drive well over 300 yards regularly, but her inconsistency has robbed her of wins.

If you have a young lady that is striking the ball well you may want to consider some lessons. Golf, like competitive shooting is all about accuracy and consistency. The PGA is full of guys with monster drives. With the exception of Tiger in his prime, the big drivers don't tend to finish consistently. I would over stress accuracy with the young lady and if her swing can control extra power she can add it in as she learns how to control it.

Wish my daughters would play...