Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP-01 dilemma

IuniusBrutus

CGW's own "race" hammer definitely is an external modification and is not from the factory -- obviously I'm not the power that be. :roflol: Just didn't want you to spend $$ and finding out it doesn't comply with production rules. Ask eerw or David -- CZC's comp hammer or CGW's hammer kits (using CZ's hammers) should be fine.

FWIW...Stuart did a fantastic trigger job on my two-tone shadow. 2.25# SA and 5.5# DA -- buttery smooth.

Au contraire. I've been David's customer for a while now... :devil:

http://www.czfirearm...p?topic=45203.0

Ok so are you saying that a different hammer isn't production legal? I would have to think on that one. I really need one of those race hammers from him. It would suck if John deems it a external modification. I would push that its a reliability and trigger component.

CGW hammer won't fit on a shadow with an adjustable sight, ask me how I know lol. His stuff is awesome so I wanted to run in on my shadow as well.

As claimed from the site it's lightened and customized but it's still heavy. I'm looking for a gun smith who's been tested by other production shooter mainly doing CZ trigger job. Thanks in advance.

Nightrod,

This may not apply to your custom Shadow Target. I just got a Shadow (stock) recently from CZ Custom. I was really surprised at how heavy the DA pull was. Come to find out, the stock version comes with a 17 lb. hammer/main spring. I put in a 13 lb, and found a HUGE difference. The custom jobs may already have the reduced weight springs.

In terms of a smith, I've lost count of how many recs I've seen on this site for EERW.