Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trying to design a loading block

Canuck223

I'm trying to design a loading block for my .41 Magnum N Frame speedloaders.

Rather than muff it up with poor measurements, I'll ask here.

Does anyone have the proper dimentions to reference?

I'm trying to find the center of each cylinder bore, it's distance from the center of the cylinder pin, and the distance from c-c across the cylinder. (I know, it's redundant but I like double checking. )

I'm trying to design a loading block for my .41 Magnum N Frame speedloaders.

Rather than muff it up with poor measurements, I'll ask here.

Does anyone have the proper dimentions to reference?

I'm trying to find the center of each cylinder bore, it's distance from the center of the cylinder pin, and the distance from c-c across the cylinder. (I know, it's redundant but I like double checking. )

Measure the diameter of the outside of the cylinders holes, measure the inside diameter of the cylinders holes,add together, divide by 2 and you have the diameter of the center of the holes for your loading block.

Edited by slflr

The center to center (bolt circle diameter) of opposite chambers is 1.088. The center pin to chamber center (bolt circle radius) is .544. The chambers are 60 degrees apart. Center to center of adjacent chambers is .544.

The center to center (bolt circle diameter) of opposite chambers is 1.088. The center pin to chamber center (bolt circle radius) is .544. The chambers are 60 degrees apart. Center to center of adjacent chambers is .544.

Perfect!! Thanks. That's exactly what I was hoping for.