Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip Rule Question

RevolverJockey

Appendix D4 21.4 states:

Grips

Revolver grips may be replaced with OEM or aftermarket grips of any shape, profile and surface texture.

Special Notes/Clarifications:

See 22.2, below, for specifics with regard to modifications on revolver grips.

22.2 states:

Grips – any addition or removal of material which changes the factory profile or adds function such as beavertail or thumb rest.

As noted above (21.4) Revolver grips may be replaced with OEM or aftermarket grips of any shape, profile and surface texture. 22.2 is deemed to NOT APPLY to REVOLVER grips. Adding or removing material to change the profile of Revolver grips is ALLOWED.

I read this as smooth or textured big butt grips are production legal. I also read it there is pretty much nothing you could do to a set of revolver grip to make it not production legal. Thumb rest, skate tape, silly putty - all allowed. Before I order a set for my new production gun I want to make sure I am righteous that they are allowed. Thanks,

Lee

I think you cited the correct rule and should be fine.

I also think nobody will give a crap. Even a good wheelgunner is no threat in that division. Shooting a wheelgun in Production is purely a fun diversion. You won't be competitive, except maybe at small club matches where you're only shooting against a bunch of goons.

I think you cited the correct rule and should be fine.

I also think nobody will give a crap. Even a good wheelgunner is no threat in that division. Shooting a wheelgun in Production is purely a fun diversion. You won't be competitive, except maybe at small club matches where you're only shooting against a bunch of goons.

You have perfectly described what I have in mind Mike. Thanks,

Lee

If I were going to be hard-headed enough to shoot Production with a Revolver (which sounds like something I'd do)...I'd be sure to shoot it with a 100% division legal gun. If I am doing for competition...then I don't want an * next to my performance. If I am just shooting the setup for fun, then it doesn't matter and I would shoot in whatever division my gun legally fit into anyway.

I agree that you would seem to have the right rules quoted.