Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA production gun?

HotLoad

Thanks Lee - how hard is it to manually decock? What is the real difference between a shadow version and regular? Difference between the 75 and sp-01? Is there a ergonomics type difference between the two? Sorry for the dumb questions. There was a guy at the AL sectional really speaking up CZ and I have had heard alot of good things.

I am in the same boat as HotLoad.

Manually decocking is easy. It becomes part of your routine like drawing from holster.

Shadow from regular mainly differs in the firing pin block, and shadow has an extended mag release.

75 shadow, and the SP-01 shadow is the dust cover. 75 is short, sp-01 is full.

If you look up CZ models, anything that has B on it has a firing pin block. Shadows dont have it. As far as ergonomics, i believe both have the same frame.

The shadow does not have a filing pin block which allows for a better trigger and shorter reset. It also has a higher relief under the beaver tail and trigger guard for a higher grip. Aside from that it has other features such as an extended mag release, over travel stop on he trigger and extended safeties. To decock simply grasp the hammer between the thumb and index finger. Pull the hammer back to verify you have a good grip then pull the trigger and ride it forward. It's very easy to decock and will become an part of your routine. Some fols were teasing a friend of mine because she did an unloaded table start and carefully decocked the pistol after charging the weapon at the start signal. She didn't even realize she'd done it untl they told her.

The main difference between the SP01 and the 75 is the dust cover. The SP01 has a full dust cover ( light rail) and the 75 has the shorter high power looking dust cover. What confuses a lot of folks is the fact that the shadow comes in two variants based off the 75 and the SP01. Most folks in USPSA go with the SP01 shadow, IDPA shooters seem to prefer the 75 shadow because it does not exceed the weight limit.