Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Equipment Question - Gun Belt for Production in SC

LauWau

I have been shooting USPSA for the last couple of months. I am going to try a SC match this weekend and have a quick question. Can I use my CR Speed belt for Production Division? Are all of the equipment rules the same in SC as for USPSA Production?

They are supposed to be. Although I have not seen them enforced as much but you should make every effort to stay within the Production rules while participating in SC or USPSA. They specifically state that no race holster are allowed and that equipment rules must be followed. Also, your firearm must be on the approved Production list set out from NROI.

Welcome to the forum!

They are supposed to be. Although I have not seen them enforced as much but you should make every effort to stay within the Production rules while participating in SC or USPSA. They specifically state that no race holster are allowed and that equipment rules must be followed. Also, your firearm must be on the approved Production list set out from NROI.

Welcome to the forum!

I hear you. I saw a blurb on the website about no race holsters allowed in Production Division. In USPSA Production, I use a Comp Tac holster on a CR Speed belt (double belt). I was just wondering if this is OK or if the SC belt requirement was more in line IDPA.

Oh, sorry. Since you can wear the inner/outer belt in Production, you can wear it for Production in SC. However, in the draft rules it states that if you don't meet the specific equipment requirements for that discipline, then you are only not allowed to win anything in that division but you are still eligible for overall placement awards.

Remember, these rules are still provisional and there is no final set released that I know of. Being a SC Match Director, I try to go by the Provisional rules as much as possible but for local matches, keep them as shooter friendly as possible without compromising the intent of the provisional rules.

Oh, sorry. Since you can wear the inner/outer belt in Production, you can wear it for Production in SC. However, in the draft rules it states that if you don't meet the specific equipment requirements for that discipline, then you are only not allowed to win anything in that division but you are still eligible for overall placement awards.

Remember, these rules are still provisional and there is no final set released that I know of. Being a SC Match Director, I try to go by the Provisional rules as much as possible but for local matches, keep them as shooter friendly as possible without compromising the intent of the provisional rules.

Thanks for the help. I look forward to my first SC match. It looks like fun.