Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another JP Side Charing Question

Corso III

Looking to get in to 3 gun and I have the manufacturer selected, JP. Now to pick the model. I keep bouncing between their top three, CTR, PSC or SCR.

I've watched a couple of matches and noticed a lot of competitors shooting CTR's. I'm left handed and not sure if the side charging handle will really make a difference. I can't see an advantage of the SCR over the PSC, and I'm wondering if there's a downside to either the PSC or SCR vs the CTR? I know the CTR has been around for a while and has a loyal following. Are the new models as accurate easy to shoot and reliable?

I believe in buying once and could use some advise. I'd like to order this coming week but at this time all I know is I'm looking for an 18" medium barrel, small comp, JP.

Thanks for the replies. I spoke to JP last week and got a physical description of each model. They said accuracy was the same, the PCR had redundant charging systems and as far as I could tell the wasn't any advantage of one side charging model over the other. Also the PCR is an upper that can be used on any mil spec lower where as the SCR needs it's matched lower. I was also told a lot of lefty's like the side charging models. But after thinking about the conversation, I still had questions that I thought might be better answered by unbiased shooters.