Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger control while shooting faster

Matt in TN

I have MANY thins to work on, but I feel like jerking the trigger while shooting faster is my biggest hurdle to overcome right now. I dryfire a lot (but probably not enough), and I have pretty good trigger control while shooting groups or even "cruising" through a stage. When I try and step up the speed is when trigger jerking starts to come back in, and I start missing low and left.

I am calling my shots for the most part and know exactly when this happens, but I am having trouble KEEPING IT from happening. I've done the cap and ball drill before, but it really doesn't tell me anything that calling my shots doesn't.

Are there any drills that will help me overcome this, or do I just need to keep dryfiring and it will go away eventually? I've read Brian's book, and have just ordered my first Matt Burkett DVD - hopefully that will give me a new perspective.

jerking the trigger while shooting faster is my biggest hurdle Are there any drills that will help me overcome this,

Matt, we just finished with this entire topic a week ago - go back in recent (January) archives and you'll see

ALL the possible solutions/drills/etc.

Good luck,

Jack

Can you suggest some search terms or a link?

Matt, sorry, but I don't recall the title - but it was just

a week or two ago. Someone wrote in about not shooting low

and left (flinching) or about trigger control, and about 50

people chimed in with various "solutions".

Try Dot Torture as a search term - but I'm not very good at

searches, myself.

Go back a week or so - just read the postings, and you'll

find it.

Good luck.

Jack