Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Apex trigger question

Corey

So I just installed the Apex competition trigger on an M&P 9mm Pro and it brought the pull down from almost 6# to under 3#. Awesome. But I have a dilema... I think. When I hold the trigger back and rack the slide to feel the reset, its not there. I can let the trigger up and I feel a binding sensation and the trigger bar releases but there is no reset. I can let the trigger out about .250" and nothing happens with the sear, but if I let the trigger out a little more (hard to measure, can't be more than .050"), it finally resets but can hardly be felt or heard. Should the reset be a nice crisp click? Is it something that a couple hundred rounds will smooth out? Am I anticipating too much?

I can try to take a video tomorrow if necessary if I'm not being clear enough on what its doing. :unsure:

Add the RAM from Apex and it will improve the feel of the reset. If that isn't enough tactile feel then you can go back to the APEX trigger parts and RAM with the stock trigger return spring. Trigger will just be over 4# and much better feel to the reset.

Thanks Shaun, I was hoping you'd chime in. Ill look around for the diagram of the bar bend. I can get the parts pretty cheap, but if I dont get a better feel that Im looking for free, then why not!