Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weeknigt matches near Sunnyvale, CA

reeds is the only thing on a weeknight that I can think of as well. Its more of a bullseye match than anything else, though you do use both hands. You start off at 7 yards, 12 shots, 15 yard, 24 shots and 25 yards, 12 shots. I did reeds for a full season(8-9) matches and it dramatically increased my confidence and shrank my groups for long range courses of fire.

If youre staying saturday and sunday there is both a practice and a match at richmond rod and gun club which is about a hour north of sunnyvale. That will be uspsa.

Edited by digby7

• 3 weeks later...

It's every Saturday night at the San Leandro Rifle & Pistol Range. They start about 6pm and it's outdoors, so dress appropriately. The other side of the berm is the Bay.

When you get there, go to the counter and tell them you would like to shoot steel. Pay them and take the receipt and walk to the back of the rifle range. Let one of the RO's it's your first time there. They check you out and after that....be prepared to waste ammo. It's set up so 4 shooters can shoot at the same time. If you have interchangeable lenses for your shooting glasses, I'd recommend using the clear ones.