Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Replacement magazines springs for Glock +4/5

lee blackman

I pieced together my Glock 24 limited setup by buying used parts including my Dawson +4/5 basepads. However asside from follower problems, some of the springs that came with the followers are weak and I'm having feeding problems. So I figure I might as well replace them all at once, but with what? So far I see 3 different brands available: Wolff, Grams, or ISMI.

Is one particular one any better than the other?

Also, I was thinking about investing in Arrendondo followers. Right now I have a mix and match of all kinds of different number Glock 40sw follower. Some seem to have a steeper feed angle and the bullet sits higher out of the mouth of the magazine, but its way hard to get more than 19rds in the mag but the others seem to hit the feed ramp lower and don't feed as well. Is it well worth the investment or should I just attempt to purchase all new of the same factory follower and try to tune them according to the dawson video on youtube?

Looking I have number 5's, 6's, and 8's. And a mix of tubes, some new with that gen 4 notch, some leo, etc. Are there any differences in feed lips between tubes?

I'm leaning toward ISMI mag springs, just because I have experience with their recoil springs. Alot of shooters at the gun club use Grams in their STI's. I've never heard anything bad about Wolff springs. I just know the ones that came with the Dawson basepads are pretty weak now. Some are like short and twisted.

• 1 month later...

Just an update, I put ISMI mag springs in my tubes and they are running great.

Also the #6 glock follower seems to be the only reliable feeder with the dawson extensions. The #8's work as long as you don't try to put more than 17rds in a magazines. The Arrendondo follower I put in one magazine feeds flawless and runs great with 19 in the tube, BUT it will not lock the slide back on the last round...