Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remington 1100 competition shell carrier

Guest Brad Stahlberg

Guest Brad Stahlberg

A question for Kyle Lamb or any one else familiar with the new Competition Master shell carrier. Kyle I watched the video on the Remington web sight showing your demo. I'm curious if you think the new shell carrier release is adequate in length. It still looks a little short and appears in the video that you have to aim for the end of the carrier release button instead of the opening of the mag tube. Any opinions ?

Brad,

The gun I was shooting in the video was a prototype blaster. They actually extended it about  1/8 inch farther. If you are used to a EZ loader it will take you about 20 minutes to get used to the new button. I also like the fact that you don't get the mousetrap effect when you grab the bottom of the gun with the bolt locked back... or am I the only guy that slams his fingers in there...

The new release should eliminate all the broken pins as well.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

KyleL

Cheers Kyle,

The reason I wanted one would be to replace my current 11/87 group for 'IPSC' rules limited shotgun where easy loaders are not allowed, however would have to be convinced that its performance would be better than that of a standard group.

I am not sure whether the rule book allows replacement groups but if it does do you think it would be worth the expense?

thanks

Mike45,

Are you saying Easy Loader isn't legal for limited? I thought you just couldn't use the Tube speed loaders. The last nationals I shot a 11-87 with the extended bolt release. Or Easy loader. Anyway, I would make sure before you run out and buy one...

KyleL

PARAMAN1:

I was unaware of any pistol or rifle competition left in the UK. I haven't seen anything on 3-gunning in England! I believe that they must conform to IPSC shotgun rules, as found on IPSC's web sight.         KURT

Paraman, kurt and Kyle,

You are all right, we comply with the IPSC rule book which is different to USPSA re shotgun. It confused the hell out of me when I joined the USPSA and read your rule book!!

For Limited SG you cannot have an easy loader, so Kurt if you know someone taking a Remmy to the Euros tell them it will not be allowed for limited. This rule may change next year but for this season that is the case.

Sadly 3 gun over here means rifle (full bore bolt action) shotgun and carbine (pistol caliber winchesters, .22 semi auto rifles etc etc). The only bits that are 'practical' are the shotgun and carbine.  People are talking about setting up a long barreled revolver type action shoot (revolver with a stock and something like 18 inch barrel)

How do I get a green card !!

A few friends and I are discussing saving up and trying to have a go in a 3 gun comp in the US next year and having fun. Dont know the complications involved in that and will have to do some research.

One can dream...

(Edited by mike45 at 4:01 pm on Feb. 26, 2003)