Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

issues with new 930 barrel

dickwholliday

i like most of you have bought additional barrels for my 930.....i bought a 28" w/ports for general sporting clays and skeet shooting and the gun runs pretty good with it.......

my 24" turkey on the other hand has about driven me up the wall.....the first issue was i was having shells stick in the chamber and the extractor rip though the rim....i hopefully have cured this by taking a bronze brush with some croakus cloth pressed into it and polished the chamber with the brush on a short cleaning rod and drill....i followed that up with a bore swab with Flitz using the same process....100 of my reloaded rounds yesterday at five stand and skeet with only one malfunction...which was the Dreaded click FTF that we all may get from to time......

Another issue was the "Pusher" which is the plastic thing with the two rods which drives the bolt back.....i happen to notice that it was binding while in the back position against the receiver and the barrel....a little work with my knife and file removed the offending plastic which i could see was wearing the finish off on the underside the barrel...it now moves freely back and forth with the barrel installed....so i'm hoping that this fix will help with the FTF issues because the bolt can now deliver more force to get the bolt in battery since it's not having to use that force to dislodge the pusher and the gas system back into the barrel lug......

if you're having issues these two fixes my help....D I C K

I had trouble with my 24" Turkey barrel too. My pusher was a little sticky too but I didn't think much of it. This could have been a problem. When I put the original SPX barrel back on it would run fine, 24" was a no go. It would not go into battery when dropping the bolt or cycling a round. I had to through in the towel and send it to Mossberg Service with a letter telling them to get this thing running! Waiting on its return...