Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Check out the new online Dryfire drills!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for a cool training tool. But one problem is there an effect in my draw because i now practice kneeling to make my eyes level with the monitor.

I only use the computer as RO, My timer has been killed by all the dry fire so while it's at service I've been using the computer as par timer, will probably continue with that even when the timer gets back. Like the idea that I'm not RO'ing myself.

So when the target is at 100% what percentage of a real target is it? I guess this depends upon the size and resolution of my monitor. But do you see what I am getting at? How do I relate distance from the monitor to distance on the range?

jarcher, measure the height of the target on your monitor in inches or centimeters and divide that by the height of an actual target. Take this number and multiply it times the number of yards you would like to simulate.

For example: Let's say you wanted to duplicate 25 yards. First you set a target size on the monitor by using the target sizing slider. Then measure the heigth of the target on the screen. Divide the size of the target on the monitor by the size of an actual target. Let's say by doing this you get a value of .25. Multiply 25 yards by .25 and you get 6.25 yards. This is the distance you should be from the monitor to approximate the target at 25 yards.

Paul