Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X5 Mods

Zukeep

I shoot a stock X5 Competition, in 9mm. Just want to know what type of mods you guys are making. Stippled grips, magwells trigger work, etc. Of course it shoots awesome as-is, but just curious.

Thanks

Some people lighten the frame to make for fast transitions. Of courrse the trigger can be cleaned up. Another mod is having the beavertail narrowed and reshaped allowing for a bit high grip. etc.

If you go over to Grayguns website you can see a list of mods in their XLP package.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys. I also shoot and x-5 L1. I'm interested in fitting a red dot optic at the rear of the pistol using a flat mounting system. Problem is that I can't seem to find any mounts that will fit the x-five rear sight slot. Anyone have any ideas of how this can be done?

• 2 months later...

Hi

I've got an X6-9-L1 on order, and have been researching red dot mounts, too.

Here's what I've learned.

Sig customer service won't tell me what kind of dovetail cut the gun has. "It's proprietary". How's that for service.

Leupold has the Delta Point. It comes with a mounting plate that they say will work. According to them, & Brownells, the cut is a standard p226 dovetail.

I also found a plate for the Burris Fast Fire 2 at Narchez. I can't post the link, but if you do a search, it should show up.

Good luck.

The X5 rear sight is not a traditional dovetail cut like a bo mar. I just ordered a new rear sight because

mine fell apart. I was tempted to try to get a Wilson or Tripp milled in but that would take to much time at this

point as I want to shoot it now that I refit the extractor and it runs with ammo that would stop it in

the past.

I doubt any of those mounting plates are for an X5.