Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why do we load Titegroup and 124gr bullets hot?

Cy Soto

Afraid I don't remember the brand of the chrono. It's the loaner from the club. I've checked the brass and it doesn't seem to be stressed at all. Primers look completely normal with almost no cratering and zero evidence of flow. There are some burn marks on most brass. I asked one of the master class shooters about my brass during a match and he says it looks completely normal. He says that there are times when the case doesn't expand enough to contain the gasses, that's why there are burn marks on this particular load.

Since there are no over pressure signs, and I'm happy with the accuracy, he says to just keep shooten' em, and spend more time practicing. Being a C class shooter, I obviously need more quality trigger time :D.

I do have a thousand XTreme124g round nose that I'd like to try, but the hp's seem to be working best in this gun, and I have another 2500 left. I'd like to try the round nose with the Power Pistol that I have.

Edited by PiratePast40

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I don't consider these hot loads.I use them in my 9mm xdm 5.25 for Prod./Ltd.

I load a frontier 124gr.fmjrn over 3.9grs. titegroup at 1.140 oal. My xdm loves them. I had the MD chrono some for me today. The average fps was 1089. It easily makes minor with a p.f. of 135. I've got them dialed in right where I want them.

• 5 years later...