Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Field or tactical

Just curious what Benelli model people started with, field guns or tactical guns? What barrel length and do you use more than one barrel for different applications?

I'm set up with an early HK/Benelli, factory it was a 21" field barrel with standard stock. I've also collected the 18.5" barrel, 24" barrel, synthetic pistol grip butt stock, and a full wood stock set.

DD:

Mine started life as a 28 inch Real Tree cammo Super 90 Field. I turned the 28" barrel into an open configuration, that now holds 14 rounds and has a Pretty comp on the end ( I don't think it does a darn thing...but man it is pretty!). I then bought a 21" barrel and made another tube so it would extend 1" past the end of the barrel. I then got Briley to make me a 1" choke with a very smoooth tapper and silver soldered it into the end of the gun. It now has a 22" barrel and the mag tube extends exactly 1" past, conforming with the IMGA rules precicely! It will hold 11 rounds in this configuration and I have a "custom" plug so I can use it for the IPSC/USPSA matches. That is the base gun, and I think I have modified just aboout everything else at some point in time...except the mag tube spring, it is just a plain old 8 round tube Benelli spring. KURTM

I'm a virgin to the Benelli camp, but mine has worked flawlessly from the inception.... it is a M1S90 Field 21inch vent rib barrel with chokes.... all factory... I added a Briley mag tube, a HiViz fiber optic sight, cut down a Choate mag spring... added some velcro to the receiver and stuck the 3Gungear side saddle on from the 1100, added a piece of bike inner tube for an improvised single round holder on the fore end, smoothed out the loading gate slot where it was taking chunks of my fingernail and have been totally impressed with its reliability.... regards