Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Biggest competition sights for a CZ75?

Demetrio

I use prescription glasses, so I think a large competition rear sight combined with a high front sight would work great to me.

I currently use this:

CZ USA Tactical Sight Set

http://www.doublealpha.biz/sights/steel-sights/cz-usa-tactical-sight-set

But I'd like to get a bigger set (especially a higher front sight, and better yet with serrated lines).

Any suggestions?

Demetrio.

Edited by Demetrio

I use prescription glasses, so I think a large competition rear sight combined with a high front sight would work great to me.

I currently use this:

CZ USA Tactical Sight Set

http://www.doublealpha.biz/sights/steel-sights/cz-usa-tactical-sight-set

But I'd like to get a bigger set (especially a higher front sight, and better yet with serrated lines).

Any suggestions?

Demetrio.

sights

I've been kicking around the idea of asking Angus & crew to put a set of TS sights on my Shadow. I'm not sure if it would still fit the box, though... been a while since I've had the Shadow in "the box", anybody have a good idea of how much leeway there is with the competition sights + factory SP-01 mags? Think the nice-and-super-tall TS rear would still fit?

As for fronts, I run a serrated black front on my Shadow - a stock plain-black TS front that I cut to appropriate size, thinned very slightly, and serrated myself. I am probably going to replace it with a thinner serrated black front from Dawson if I don't try to put something like the TS rear on there. (The one on there isn't much thinner than normal; I got sick of trying to thin it down after a while.)

I'm not sure if it would still fit the box, though... been a while since I've had the Shadow in "the box", anybody have a good idea of how much leeway there is with the competition sights + factory SP-01 mags? Think the nice-and-super-tall TS rear would still fit.

Is there a box for Production divison?... :excl:

And what does "TS" mean?

Thanks,

Demetrio.

Edited by Demetrio

Is there a box for Production divison?... :excl:

Just double-checked... while USPSA Production uses a box, IPSC Production doesn't. (This makes sense, given that IPSC's stricter Production rules prevent using or adding things that would make it too big anyway.)

And what does "TS" mean?

The CZ 75 Tactical Sports, CZ's purpose-built USPSA Limited / IPSC Standard gun. Putting TS sights on a regular CZ would require milling the new rear cut, so if you're shooting IPSC, then TS sights aren't an option for Production.