Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Geissele hammer for Benelli M2?

chainring

Seen them for sale, seen a few M4 for sale that had them installed (online, not in person) and I hear that it fits the Benelli M2. I like my AR triggers, so I find myself wondering if this is a part that I should add to my backordered M2 upgrade pile? I'm going to send it off to Mike at Accurate Iron for typical 3-gun work - what's the word on the Geissele hammer? Is it just a 922® thing, or an noticeable FCG upgrade? PLEASE don't start a 922® thread on me, I'm not interested in that discussion. The whole thing makes me grumpy.

Thanks!

Edited by chainring

The Geissele hammer is not a performance upgrade, it is a 922r part primarily. I bought one for my M4 and did not notice any difference in trigger pull before and after.

If you are not worried about 922r -and you shouldn't be with an M2- then don't even bother. Just have someone do a trigger job on your stock parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Talked to one of the Benelli guys this weekend an he recommended this part. Benelli chromed their fire control and if you polish through it you end up with a mess. The Gieselle part is supposed to be hardened all the way through. Should take a much better trigger job and one that will last a lot longer.