Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Accuracy

JimmyZip

Got a buddy I went to the range with a week and a half ago. He is shooting his three new Kimbers, and I am running some drills with my G17. He takes his turn shooting groups, and then I run a couple of drills. After shooting his guns, and getting about three inch groups at 25yds with each, he tries my pistol. First Glock he's ever shot, and he shoots a nice little 3" group with mine.

Now this guy is a finicky guy, but a real good guy. He says he doesn't know if he could ever get used to that trigger, but that the gun is inherently accurate.

I would have to agree. But the trigger doesn't bother me at all.

JZ

In about 1988 I was one of those guys that called Glocks "That plastic [piece of sh--." At that time I was carrying a 1st generation Smith and Wesson 645. while at teh range I was pretty impressed with the way a previously marginal shooter was doing. He let me shoot the Glock 17. I stopped at teh local gun shop on teh way hoe and traded the 645 head up for a new Glock. I've carried one ever since. I do own some expensive pistols such as Kimbers, Colts, SIG's and others. But, I keep coming back to the Combat Tupperware. They feel like they are made for me. The only ones I do not feel fit me very well are the G21 (for me the 21SF is an improvement) and the G36. The 36 pinches the crap out of my little pinkie right where teh base pad meets the grip frame. I would much rather carry a 13 shot 32C or 23C. They are the same size as a 36 and even fit the same holsters. I am not saying they are the best guns, but that they are the best fit for me.

In about 1988 I was one of those guys that called Glocks "That plastic [piece of sh--." At that time I was carrying a 1st generation Smith and Wesson 645. while at teh range I was pretty impressed with the way a previously marginal shooter was doing. He let me shoot the Glock 17. I stopped at teh local gun shop on teh way hoe and traded the 645 head up for a new Glock. I've carried one ever since. I do own some expensive pistols such as Kimbers, Colts, SIG's and others. But, I keep coming back to the Combat Tupperware. They feel like they are made for me. The only ones I do not feel fit me very well are the G21 (for me the 21SF is an improvement) and the G36. The 36 pinches the crap out of my little pinkie right where teh base pad meets the grip frame. I would much rather carry a 13 shot 32C or 23C. They are the same size as a 36 and even fit the same holsters. I am not saying they are the best guns, but that they are the best fit for me.

People I know who shoot with good trigger control, can shoot the dickens out of them. Not saying I'm not liking my CZ TS right now, just that I do have good accuracy with the Glock, and so apparently does my friend too.