Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

need some advices/suggestions on my 2nd match experience

Xander

This is my 2nd IPSC match here, I just started shooting IPSC style last July, this match was last month only. I ended up 30 out of 60, sucks. I'm getting ready for my 3rd match this coming weekend. I'm still having a hard time shooting on the move, engaging long range targets, and getting a good cadence on my double taps, I thing it's my weak hand. Any advices/suggestions will be so much appreciated, TIA :)

All of the thing you mentioned come with time. Match experience is huge. It can take a long time to become good at breaking down stages. The biggest thing for me is knowing the shots I can and can't make. Some targets I'm confident in shooting on the move other I'm not so I shoot them standing still and then haul butt to the next position. A good way to practice shooting on the move is with dry fire. You have to get use to focusing on your front sight while moving. When engaging long range target you have to get a stable base and remain calm while the timer is running. Dont worry about shooting long shots fast make sure you are getting good hits. Hope this helps and keep on shooting.

You move pretty good for a 2nd match. Though the stage was a little tight, if you're comfortable, you can try to move more aggressively.

Reloads: You should try to do them higher near face level instead of lower near your belly and you should try to complete them sooner - within a step or two of beginning your move to the next array. Improving your reloads will allow you to move more aggressively and reduce the amount of elapsed non-shooting time.

How were your hits?

• 3 weeks later...