Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas State Carbine Championship

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of now our prize table will have at least 4 AR uppers & 3 full sieze pistols. An aray of other prizes, and we are still working on improving our prize table.

Don Critari

Don... I don't care to win a full sieze pistol. I want one that won't seize and runs freely. devil.gif

As of now our prize table will have at least 4 AR uppers & 3 full sieze pistols. An aray of other prizes, and we are still working on improving our prize table.

Don Critari

Don... I don't care to win a full sieze pistol. I want one that won't seize and runs freely. devil.gif

To clear up the match names I need to give every one this info.

We are the Coastal Bend Shooters. We put on the "The Texas State Carbine Championship" for the last four years. We had been doing carbine matches for years before it was named The Texas State Carbine Championship. We the Coastal Bend Shooters Gun Club did all the work, built the props, ran the stages, bought the trophies, course books, score sheets, meals & procureed the prizes for the prize table. We paid for every thing!!! Right down to the "port a potties". We will again be putting on the TSCC on February 12. For more info go to www.cbshooters.com Aplications comming soon.

There is a small group of X members putting on a match a week after ours. You will have to guess why they choose the name they they did.

Thanks

Don Critari

CBS President

For someone who claims to have been so intimately involved in the previous TSCC matches, one would think that Mr. Critari would know how many matches actually took place. For the record, it was three (2008-2010), not four as he stated, and I know because I was the Match Director for all of them.

Those of us who parted ways with Mr. Critari did so because putting on matches under his leadership stopped being fun. He has been VP or President of his organization for over 15 years and knowing he was not going to give up the reins anytime soon, we decided that the only way to get back to having fun was to start our own club.

We are very proud of what we have accomplished in such a short time and based on the positive feedback received from our monthly match customers, we believe the future is bright for Texas Carbine. As for Mr. Critari’s claims, most are either inaccurate, misleading, or simply not true and we think the record speaks for itself. While we were the people behind the TSCC matches, they all took place and were increasingly successful. The first time the match was scheduled after our departure and with Mr. Critari in charge, it was cancelled allegedly because it took one day (out of 140 available days to prepare for the match,) for his organization to move their props from one range to another.

I want to apologize to the readers of Brian’s invaluable forums for this exchange but I could not let Mr. Critari’s statements go unanswered. By scheduling one week before us, he has put the success of both matches in jeopardy so I would like to ask Mr. Critari to please mind his own business, stay out of ours, and put the time and energy he is spending on trash talking into his own upcoming match.

Michael McKinney

For someone who claims to have been so intimately involved in the previous TSCC matches, one would think that Mr. Critari would know how many matches actually took place. For the record, it was three (2008-2010), not four as he stated, and I know because I was the Match Director for all of them.

Those of us who parted ways with Mr. Critari did so because putting on matches under his leadership stopped being fun. He has been VP or President of his organization for over 15 years and knowing he was not going to give up the reins anytime soon, we decided that the only way to get back to having fun was to start our own club.

We are very proud of what we have accomplished in such a short time and based on the positive feedback received from our monthly match customers, we believe the future is bright for Texas Carbine. As for Mr. Critari’s claims, most are either inaccurate, misleading, or simply not true and we think the record speaks for itself. While we were the people behind the TSCC matches, they all took place and were increasingly successful. The first time the match was scheduled after our departure and with Mr. Critari in charge, it was cancelled allegedly because it took one day (out of 140 available days to prepare for the match,) for his organization to move their props from one range to another.

I want to apologize to the readers of Brian’s invaluable forums for this exchange but I could not let Mr. Critari’s statements go unanswered. By scheduling one week before us, he has put the success of both matches in jeopardy so I would like to ask Mr. Critari to please mind his own business, stay out of ours, and put the time and energy he is spending on trash talking into his own upcoming match.

Michael McKinney

This is funny now.

Michael "Matag" Mc Kinney & his parther "Nightmare" have been on this the Coastal Bend Shooters Topic page 4 times now answering questions that I should have. They are trying to sell thier match on this the Texas Carbine Championship topic page. Just check out the number of thier logos. He is telling me to mind my own busines on a topic that I started. I never wrote a word on thier topic page. As for facts, in one of his posts he said there were 3 TSCC matche's now he says tht there were only "2"??? The fact is CBS HAD BEEN PUTTING on Carbine & 3 Gun Matches for years.

He is correct about one thing. The CBS membership made me President for some time now, not him. Matag, you will not have to apologize if you stay off CBS's forum page.

Don Critari

CBS President

Texas Carbine Champioship update:

You can now go to our website, www.cbshooters.com and view the TSCC match APLICATION & INFORMATION pages.

Tscc to be held February 12, 2012. At least 4 AR Carbine uppers & 3 pistols will be on the prize table a long

with other prizes. Watch for more updates.

• 1 month later...

Question about divisions. Does 308 division allow a scope or is it irons?

Also, "open squads" to me means I show up and wander around and it is up to me to be sure I shoot all the stages in one day. Is that the case, or something else?

Thanks,

Lee

Question about divisions. Does 308 division allow a scope or is it irons?

Also, "open squads" to me means I show up and wander around and it is up to me to be sure I shoot all the stages in one day. Is that the case, or something else?

Thanks,

Lee

Hey, been there done that. The open squadding works well if you wanna get out of their quick just go to the tough stages first there is no line. You can be done by 11:30am.

I've ponder if or which on this match for some time, I'll get my applicaiton into this one soon. I got wood at the last one, won 7 of 9 stages, blew out two. Swiching Divisions this time, see you there.:cheers:

Bad Spelling and Grammar are intentional for style!

Edited by CocoBolo