Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can you add e2 grips

mshotwell

• 4 weeks later...

I fitted the E2 grips last night that I had ordered from Top Gun Supplies. I have a P226 USPSA and it took me about an hour although I am new to hand guns. Depending on the age of your hand gun you may also need to buy a shorter hammer spring (this is not included in the E2 grip). I believe based on Googling that if the hammer spring strut base/seat on your Sig is plastic (rather than metal) then you already have the shorter hammer spring.

Installation instructions can be found by googling on the text below (I haven't posted enough to be able to include links).

manual for installing the P226 e2 grip kit

It is a bit of a fiddle the first time. The main time taking points was fitting the new hammer strut (my spring went flying) and then ensuring the grips were properly in place. I had a slight gap on the right hand side grip so took them off again and redid it, they then 'clicked' into place. I didn't replace the decocking lever on mine, however this is because I don't believe I needed to for the specific age/model of P226 I have. Do watch out when fitting the hammer strut/spring that you don't have the spring fly off and then you have to spend ages looking for it.. This happened to me! :surprise:

hth

TheWombat

Edited by TheWombat