Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Basic Movements

Too_Slow

Here is a stage I made up. Let me know what you think of it; Please!!!

Unfortunately, you have designed an illegal course of fire. You can't specify where targets are to be engaged in a Long Course, you have 32 rounds required, hence a long course. Remember..It's Free Style, what's to keep me from engaging the targets that are to be engaged with four rounds each when I first see them?

1.1.5 Freestyle – USPSA matches are freestyle. Competitors must be permitted to solve the challenge presented in a freestyle manner, and to shoot targets on an “as and when visible” basis. Courses of fire must not require mandatory reloads nor dictate a shooting position, location or stance, except as specified below. However, conditions may be created, and barriers or other physical limitations may be constructed, to compel a competitor into shooting positions, locations or stances.

1.1.5.1 Level I matches may use shooting boxes and specify where or when specific target arrays may be engaged, and may specify

mandatory reloads in short and medium courses only (not in a long course).

You can make it legal by changing the WSB. Here is one way.

If you want to keep the Boxes, this would be legal for a Level I match.

Stage Procedure: Upon start signal, engage targets as they become available from within the shooting boxes. T3-T6 must be engaged from the area outside of the shooting boxes only.

Comstock: 16 Rounds Best 2 per paper.

LT45 has some good points.

Instead of rewriting WSB, you could add to walls:

Left wall just as it is, but from uprange end, extend the wall to end in Box A.

Right wall just as it is, but extended uprange to end in Box B.

Extend a fault line across from the uprange end of one wall to the uprange end of the other.

Get rid of both boxes, just start the competitor at one wall or another.

Roughly, the walls would be configured as two inward-pointing brackets: > <.Then your props would accomplish what your WSB was trying to do.

Edited by Punkin Chunker