Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Limited 10mm - New Gun Replacement!

kwesi

I want to share the value of owning a gun that was originally supplied to a retailer by Davidson Firearms. Prior to purchasing a Witness Limited 10mm I never heard of Davidsons. The FFL explained they offer their own lifetime warranty (original owner) that exceeds the EAA warranty. I called Davidson's and confirmed what I was told and decided to pull the trigger even though I did not imagine needing this warranty.

My Limited has had various issues that I decided not to contact Davidson's about. First the factory chrome mag was defective so EAA replaced it with a K-10. Second issue was my FO front sight went flying off and was lost so EAA replaced it for no charge - great service a 2nd time. Next both grips loosened up needing locktite - again not a big deal as I really like the gun.

I've been working thru some malfunctions as previously posted and given all this I was still ok. Until last night when the tip of the extractor broke off! I began to feel like maybe I just got one of the lemons so I called Davidson's to explain the above. Morgan's first words were "we got to send you a brand new gun" - yes that is their warranty!

He sent me to my FFL so they could call in the reason and the s/n. Davidson's had 1 Limited in stock and they are shipping it over night to my FFL WITH a call tag for the return - ALL on their dime!

That is what I call service! Just wanted to share the value of owning a gun that Davidson's supplied to your FFL. I also want to thank all that have tried to help me thru various issues. Special thanks to Nealio and Skydiver!

Let's hope the new baby runs like a champ and has the same ejection pattern of 4:00.

I love hearing about good customer service. That is awesome. Sorry you had problems in the first place but problems happen and when a company stands by their stuff, it goes very far in my book. This is the second report of really good customer service from EAA. I'm hoping it's not the last.

I love hearing about good customer service. That is awesome. Sorry you had problems in the first place but problems happen and when a company stands by their stuff, it goes very far in my book. This is the second report of really good customer service from EAA. I'm hoping it's not the last.

J-Ho: this excellent service IS NOT by EAA. It is thru Davidson Firearms! I have had great service from EAA as posted here. If I sent it back to EAA I would have paid shipping both ways and had my gun repaired. With Davidson's I pay NO shipping and get a new gun! Awesome service warranty that Davidson's stands behind!

Update: the new Linited arrived with the following differences:

1. K-10 black body/black follower vs defective chrome mag w/red follower

2. Rear sight real tight vs definite play on 1st Limited

3. Recoil spring bushing tighter fit

4. Slide feels tighter when locking back

5. The blade sight was easy to remove ob the 1st Limited, NOT this one so far.

6. I was able to adjust pre-travel screw easily. It took 200+ rounds on the 1st one to loosen up.

Hope to get to the range very soon to test function.

BTW: I called EAA with both s/n & was told the new Limited was imported 8/11 & the 1st was 4/11. They were not aware of any QC changes.