Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm lead

ultrablue

I shoot lead out of my 9mm HS200 (pre XD) and have no issues at all. I use precision bullets and the coating on them prevents leading in the barrel. I also use them in my 40 XDm and have had no issues. I have run about 6 or 8 thousands rounds through the guns and they have been perfect the whole time. I am getting ready to order another 2500 in 40 and recommend these to anyone wanting to save some money and shoot more. I use Win 231 for my powder in both and they do smoke a little but not enough to affect shooting them.

Chris

I had 2500 or so 120LRN bullets in the garage I decided to shoot up for practice in my XDM. They were actually sized to 0.357 but chamber freely and have been working fine. I am down to 350 or so. There has been no leading to speak of and the accuracy has been good. I used titegroup powder, so of course they are a bit smokey, although I am not bothered by it when shooting outside unless it is dead calm. Other than a bit of build up on the feed ramp I have been surprised at how clean the gun is after shooting them.

Don't get me wrong, it is a smokier dirtier proposition than shooting jacketed bullets, but seemingly less so than with most other handguns I have shot.