Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM45 v 1911 widths

Iggy42

So other than shopping for a Limited gun I am also looking for and everyday CCW gun. For self defense I am a huge fan of the .45ACP (although modern ammo in other calibers does work well), but I don't have the cash for a 4" 1911 for concealed carry. Being that a XDM45 appears not to be that far from a 4" 1911 size wise if feels like I am missing something.

Anyone got any picks of a XDM45 and 1911? I would love to see how they really stack up to one another.

Behind the XDM45 is a 3.8 XDM40, but I am having a hard time getting past the .45ACP ammo

I don't have my camera warmed up but a 1911 is roughly 1.3" wide (depending on the grips)and the XDM 45 is about 1.29" wide. I know that there is a lot of debate/opinion regarding the best cal to carry and here is my take on it. Either give a big bullet or give me lots of small ones. My choice is a XDM 9mm 3.8 compact. 13+1 rounds of 9mm in a concealable package that is accurate and reliable. It is just my opinion and choice.

I don't have my camera warmed up but a 1911 is roughly 1.3" wide (depending on the grips)and the XDM 45 is about 1.29" wide. I know that there is a lot of debate/opinion regarding the best cal to carry and here is my take on it. Either give a big bullet or give me lots of small ones. My choice is a XDM 9mm 3.8 compact. 13+1 rounds of 9mm in a concealable package that is accurate and reliable. It is just my opinion and choice.

Yeah that is why I was thinking about the 3.8 compact in .40, seems like a decent medium. Depends on the grip though, might have to go full size, but 13+1 in .45 is hard to pass up if it not that much bigger than a 4" 1911