Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting the Shooter Number on the score sheets

Flexmoney

This really helps out when the Stats Officer goes to put the scores into the computer.

(I am doing scores for the first time in a while) :)

Here is how I used to do it, let me know if you have a better way!

At the sign in table, I would control the score sheets. The shooter would have to fill out the sign in sheet (and I could watch that to make sure they got it right), then they would give me their money (which I would only take at that point in the process). Once I got their money, I would grab a score sheet for that shooter, and I would write in the shooter number and verify with them that it matched up with the sign in sheet. Then, I would instruct them to fill out the score sheet and pick a squad.

This really helps out when the Stats Officer goes to put the scores into the computer.

(I am doing scores for the first time in a while) :)

Here is how I used to do it, let me know if you have a better way!

At the sign in table, I would control the score sheets. The shooter would have to fill out the sign in sheet (and I could watch that to make sure they got it right), then they would give me their money (which I would only take at that point in the process). Once I got their money, I would grab a score sheet for that shooter, and I would write in the shooter number and verify with them that it matched up with the sign in sheet. Then, I would instruct them to fill out the score sheet and pick a squad.

Thanks for doing the scores Kyle, it was a good match yesterday...lots of fun :cheers:

We us Palms, but have a lot who do not pre-register. Since I am the MD and also take care of reg. and scoring since the start of this year I do something similar.

I print out 2 copies of the competitor list. These show the registered shooters and their info and the walk in numbers I have added to the Palms. I use one copy to record those who register and pay. If they pre-registered they pay me, I write it on the list and they check the other list on the clipboard to ensure everything is correct (Div, Maj/Minor, etc). Those who did not register are given one of the half-sheet registration forms to fill out before and then come back to me. When they do I check it over, take their money and give them their walk in number. I write their name and # on the list along with money paid and write the # on the reg. form.

This way there are multiple recordings of the number and name when I get to doing the score. Makes my life easier in the end.