Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question about FFL

War

i know i need a type 6 to manufacture reloaded ammunition for sale, my question is how hard is it to upgrade to a type 1 in the future? once i can start making a profit off the ammo and then start buying and selling guns.

• 2 months later...

i know i need a type 6 to manufacture reloaded ammunition for sale, my question is how hard is it to upgrade to a type 1 in the future? once i can start making a profit off the ammo and then start buying and selling guns.

It would be better to get your type 7, then you are covered for both.

Is there a good place that has outlined all of the info (requirements, process, time line, cost, etc) in obtaining an FFL?

Thanks,

I am not affiliated with the website that I have recommended below, but know that once a small fee is paid, there is a TON of information on the site and it will walk you through all steps to obtain an FFL.

www.ffl123.com

Is there a good place that has outlined all of the info (requirements, process, time line, cost, etc) in obtaining an FFL?

Thanks,

I am not affiliated with the website that I have recommended below, but know that once a small fee is paid, there is a TON of information on the site and it will walk you through all steps to obtain an FFL.

ffl123

I used that site a few years back. Really helped simplify the process of obtaining a home based FFL. It was only $30 or so IIRC

It would be better to get your type 7, then you are covered for both.

Adam... I am fairly certain your statement IS NOT correct.

I am a Type 07 holder.

Note the following caveats for Type 07....

"Title 1 manufacturer of firearms, who can also act as dealer, other than Destructive Devices, ammunition and ammunition components other than Armor Piercing ammunition. Can also manufacture & deal in Title II NFA firearms with class 2 tax stamp.

War, I urge you to contact the BATF Field Office for your area and pose the questions to them to ensure you head down the correct path.

Edited by Roadrider18