Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Big match eddicate?

TODD MUCHOW

This is probbly a stupid question, but here goes. I will be attending some big matches this year and was wondering, say at the SINGLE STACK CLASSIC, on the day that I am not shooting, is a person allowed to bring a video camera to capture some of their favorite shooters in action, or would this be considered rude. I do not want to offend anyone. I am just in need of some more Limited type pro shooting video to watch ten thousand times so my wife can come back in the living room again.( she doesnt follow shooting butknows who got what score on what stage at which match by heart because I watch the same ones over and over....and over............)

Thanks.

Todd Muchow

As a matter of etiquette, no one minds.  If you want something more than action shots or grab shots, ask.  You'll find all the big names very accomodating.

However, there can be legal issues.  If you are using your shots (film, video, whatever) for personal use, or to report on the match, no problem.  If you are going to use the video for commercial purposes, you may have a problem.  And if you are going to use the video for commerical purposes with the intent of instruction "this is how Jerry does it, this is how Robbie does it..." you may be on very thin ice.

For your own use, knock yourself out.  To make money, be sure to consult a lawyer.