Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drop in XDM Trigger Kit

Powder River

what can be expected realistically of a drop in trigger to achieve? I have read the review but would like to know what the average guys that has installed one feels, approximate weight of the trigger before and after, description of reset and take-up improvements would be good, anyone?

Edited by fastarget

what can be expected realistically of a drop in trigger to achieve? I have read the review but would like to know what the average guys that has installed one feels, approximate weight of the trigger before and after, description of reset and take-up improvements would be good, anyone?

Thank you for your post.

I have posted a video link that shows the install and compares the before and after. Judging by sales

it will not be long before the end users start posting their results.

Thank you for your post.

I have posted a video link that shows the install and compares the before and after. Judging by sales

most excellent, the instal should not be a problem. I am interested in hearing from the average guy how much the trigger has changed, also if more was needed for a competition gun.

Thank you for your post.

most excellent, the instal should not be a problem. I am interested in hearing from the average guy how much the trigger has changed, also if more was needed for a competition gun.

I would just like to say that I recently purchased a XDM 9.25 in 9mm. the gun came with about a 7lb pound trigger pull and it was a little long. The trigger didn't really feel that bad but it definitely made shooting faster a little harder than what I was use to. So a friend of mine put a drop-in trigger in for me, POWDER RIVER PRECISION INC. and instantly the pull went from 7lbs. to 4lbs. and the stroke was shortened up considerably. Needless to say I shot a match today and did way better and felt more comfortable . I am use to single action triggers very light,so this was a good thing. They say I can even make it lighter by having a little bit of work done on the sear!! so I'll let you know how that goes when that happens. Check these things out good trigger for the money!!!!!!

• 3 months later...

I would just like to say that I recently purchased a XDM 9.25 in 9mm. the gun came with about a 7lb pound trigger pull and it was a little long. The trigger didn't really feel that bad but it definitely made shooting faster a little harder than what I was use to. So a friend of mine put a drop-in trigger in for me, POWDER RIVER PRECISION INC. and instantly the pull went from 7lbs. to 4lbs. and the stroke was shortened up considerably. Needless to say I shot a match today and did way better and felt more comfortable . I am use to single action triggers very light,so this was a good thing. They say I can even make it lighter by having a little bit of work done on the sear!! so I'll let you know how that goes when that happens. Check these things out good trigger for the money!!!!!!

Okay Well I did one step better than having a Gunsmith work on my sear!! My friend put the rest of the new POWDER RIVER PRECISION INC. trigger kit in my gun with the new sear and all the latest springs and parts. The trigger is now 2lbs. or a tad lighter with a minimal stroke,It absolutely kicks ass I can now shoot that gun as good as my 1911's.

I can't believe the difference and for a very reasonable price. I think I will be shooting production for a while.......................

Edited by pimp

... The trigger is now 2lbs. or a tad lighter with a minimal stroke,It absolutely kicks ass I can now shoot that gun as good as my 1911's.

I can't believe the difference and for a very reasonable price. I think I will be shooting production for a while.......................

Hah....better go READ THIS THREAD and look forward to not shooting Production in 2013 if nothing changes...

... The trigger is now 2lbs. or a tad lighter with a minimal stroke,It absolutely kicks ass I can now shoot that gun as good as my 1911's.

Hah....better go READ THIS THREAD and look forward to not shooting Production in 2013 if nothing changes...