Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage Set Up

lynn jones

one of my pet peeves is when a stage designer sets a pepper popper in the same line as a paper target. don't they understand about splatter? :angry:

another problem is when a target is set close to a prop and the prop gets shot up. put no-shoots up to protect my props. :angry:

lynn

Guess you didn't like my stage proposal for the on-line match... :(

another problem is when a target is set close to a prop and the prop gets shot up. put no-shoots up to protect my props.  :angry:

I don't understand how a penalty target would save a prop?

Ok, it's deemed to be impenetrable, but only for scoring purposes, otherwise it's only cardboard. :huh:

Swingers set behind walls(before activation) are guaranteed to get the wall shot up unless there's a no-shoot to "protect" the wall. I'll put a no-shoot on the wall with about 8" overhang. That portion of the no-shoot may get a few hits from folks "following" the swinger, but they usually won't follow it further. Holes in a 48 cent no-shoot is better than holes in the club's prop.

I just built a forward/backward swinger that gets a no-shoot mounted low in front of it or else the mechanism will get shot up.

As MD of our USPSA match, I've been building a lot of props(swingers, running man "system", floppers, clay pigeon holders, etc...) and donating them to the club. Our IDPA folks usually don't have enough sense to use no-shoots as "protection", so they get shot up way too much. The end result is I now build props for my match and they go home with me at the end of the day.