Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster choice for kids/small adults

Canuck223

I have a pair of boys under ten who may be getting into IPSC and NRA Action Pistol.

They will be using a STI Spartan in 9mm, and both are left handed.:surprise:

I'm thinking that with thier smaller stature, the Bladetech DOH is a good choice. It's secure enough and the drop allows a bit more freedom of movement, as they don't have as much room from armpit to belt line.

I know I could also go with a Ghost or CR, etc, but as they are just starting out, I don't want to dump a mint on gear that they might not carry on with.

Hello: I use a Blade Tech DOH for my 12 year old. I use the Tec Lok so it does not move around on his belt and also since we can take it off easier. I use the dropped hanger also so it is lower and easier for him to draw the Glock 34. The DOH is better for young and new shooters and even older shooters since you don't have to remember to lock it :cheers: He is also using Safariland 771's for mag holders. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

Hello: I use a Blade Tech DOH for my 12 year old. I use the Tec Lok so it does not move around on his belt and also since we can take it off easier. I use the dropped hanger also so it is lower and easier for him to draw the Glock 34. The DOH is better for young and new shooters and even older shooters since you don't have to remember to lock it :cheers: He is also using Safariland 771's for mag holders. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

Yep, just the type of user input I was hoping for.