Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Customer Service Other Businesses Should Copy

AGYoung

Just recently returning to shooting sports, I have noticed a couple things regarding vendor customer services.

There are several companies that have been the model of what I believe is the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE I have experienced. Maybe the rest of the business world should take note of how to handle this very important issue.

I take the service I give very seriously and will only give the best I can. Understandably, issues do arise. It is unavoidable. What you do once the stoppage occurs means the difference between a happy repeat customer and a grumbler.

I once had a boss who said, “Customer service starts before the customer calls”. This is how I have modeled my business through out the years.

I would like to recognize several companies that I have dealt with that have given the kind of service I wish all business would give.

1. Dillon – I sent in a case cleaner that was making noise, they replaced it with a new one.

2. RCBS – OHAS - Sent them a beam scale with broken beam – Replaced it, no questions asked

3. STI – Had a problem with the magazine release – Sent a new one – no charge.

4. Brownells – Order actually shipped when it should

5. Brian Enos – Order actually shipped when and how it should

Is it just me or do companies in the shooting industry have a better handle on how to deal with their consumers?

There wouldn’t be a problem with the economy if all businesses followed these simple rules.

A. Treat the customer fairly.

B. Do what you say you will do.

C. Be honest.

Maybe the “GOLDEN RULE” is what I’m saying.

Al