Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First shottime double action

Loki999

Hi All,

I am wondering what is good first shot DA. yesterday i shot 1.20's on a 15 meter target, and a 1.88 on a 25 meter plate. I only tried it once.

Is this ok?

What are your times? Are the best able to schoot subsecond first shots DA?

That is about the time I get on a target in a match. I can get right a 1.0 in practice but that doesn't mean anything. I'm sure the GM's are at a second come match time but I really feel the 1.2 is good if you are consistently getting an A on your first hit and getting a good grip.

At 10yds I am consistent at 1.15 on a A-zone sized plate when shooting DA. I was only 1.25+ when shooting SA, mainly due to where the safety is on the CZ, a little low and forward for me.

For me that is good enough. There are shooters that are faster on the draw but in a 30 round USPSA stage there are plenty of places to make up that tenth or 2.

Don't rush into chasing low draw time as first priority. You need to get good proper grip on the gun during the draw, if not - all stage may turn into disaster. Score is judged by hit factor, not just time, get your hits; sometimes you will have to slow down to make the hits.