Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Colt Rail Gun

STIGUY

I know.....it is not a 1911 in the traditional sense, but I had a Buckmark that just did not do it fir me. I want something that I can mount a light on and use for practice. Should I buy this or get a Ruger and add some Tac Sol parts to it? Recently bought a 9mm (with reluctance) thinking at least the ammo would be cheap. Not as economical as I had hoped, so here I go with my .22 pistol thing again. Would live to buy an S&W 41, but at $1K minimum...won't be happening anytime soon. THANKS

I know.....it is not a 1911 in the traditional sense, but I had a Buckmark that just did not do it fir me. I want something that I can mount a light on and use for practice. Should I buy this or get a Ruger and add some Tac Sol parts to it? Recently bought a 9mm (with reluctance) thinking at least the ammo would be cheap. Not as economical as I had hoped, so here I go with my .22 pistol thing again. Would live to buy an S&W 41, but at $1K minimum...won't be happening anytime soon. THANKS

I have had my Colt "Rail Gun" for about 18 months now. I had the trigger done though the stock one was not bad, just too heavy at 4lbs. I have had one failure of a part. The "U" in the slide stop broke off. I had about 7k rounds through it when it failed. I replaced it and have had no other issues. It is a very good shooting gun that runs as close to 100% as anything I have shot. Accuracy is about 1" at 15 yards off a bench about 2" freestyle. I clean it about every 1k rounds, it got new springs at 5k. I can't remember the last time I had a failure other than the slide stop.