Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 40L

twodelta

Must be something in the water... This morning, I bought a NIB 40L w/night sights and three 15 round mags for $620 out the door with tax and background fee from a local shop. He just happened to have one on the shelf!

Got home and immediately ordered the Apex trigger kit and a RAM. I'm planning on removing the night sights and putting them on my CCW M&P40.

Probably going to put Dawson Precision FO front and black adjustable rear on it. Both my M&P40 and M&P9 have Apex DCAEKs installed, and when testing the trigger of the 40L, I was again reminded how crunchy and soft the stock trigger is!

I got mine from Bud's earlier this week and immediately replaced the barrel with a KKM and added the Apex Tactical competition kit and RAM. This is the most accurate 40 in my collection.

A couple of notes:

-- the front sight was not centered and took a sight mover and some serious work to nudge it. The rear sight was a bear to remove (to install the striker block) -- bent my sight mover.

-- my particular gun has the sear block with the small spring, which indicates it was made prior to Oct. 2010. This gun cannot take the Apex forward set trigger unless the sear block is replaced. My M&P9 has the same sear block, and I've had a couple of problems with it -- dead trigger and one instance of 3-round full auto fire. My 9Pro has the large spring sear block and is much more reliable. If I can get sear blocks (Brownell's shows them as out-of-stock), I'll replace them in both guns.

-- the trigger safety on this particular gun hits the frame when the trigger is pulled; took a bit of work with a small file to eliminate that.

Rog

I put the Apex forward set sear in my 40L with the small sear spring. I know they recommend the larger sear and plunger. I'll get a new sear block when they're available. I just have about 200 rounds through it so far with no issues.

My wife's 9 Pro has a little over 10K rounds with the small stock sear spring and plunger. She hasn't had any problems with a dead trigger or double fire yet. I did get light strikes with the Apex striker spring and went back to the stock one.

• 3 weeks later...

Got this from a local shop yesterday. It says 40L on the slide and has Trijicon night sights. They were supposedly made for some police, and they didn't need all of them. Also attached a pic of the 40 Pro I've been shooting in Limited. I'm waiting for the Apex FSS trigger to arrive, and I may just put it on the 40L since it will probably only be legal in Limited.

Thanks for posting this, hadn't heard about this. Is it similar to the 9L or the 40 Pro?

• 4 months later...