Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OreGUN Shooter here. . .

UglyJohn

Just found this forum and sounds like it would be a good place to interact and obtain good assistance on my IDPA adventure. I use to shoot IPSIC very competitively, but life got in the way and now I'm an old guy, gett'n slow. I've been in IDPA for two years, but I haven't really gotten into the competitive side of it with the monthly matches. However, I'm going to start in a month or so just to enjoy some competitive shooting again. I practice regulaly, so the hitting the mark isn't really my concern,but the penalties is another story, being I've got IPSIC drilled into the head from the many years of practice and competition. Love IPSIC, but like I said, gett'n old. But, I will prevail and change my ways, I hope. Ok, I'm getting wordy, sorry. Looking forward to some good advise when needed and maybe my years of competitive shooting, RO experience, being a match director and 30 years of reloading can help some here. Thanks, John

Not sure about that far down south. I know Eugene has a monthly IDPA match. You also might want to give Steel Challenge a try as well. Fun shooting with very little movement. Always good to try different things. If you come back to USPSA there's a good group of clubs down there as well.